Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pitt Delivers April Fools Day Apology


How sincere is an apology when it is delivered on April Fools Day? That is what WILLIAM RIVERS PITT did yesterday. I knew he would come crawling back and beg forgiveness for daring to slam Obamacare in this THREAD. And now we have his April Fools "apology in which he portrays himself as the poor widdle victim as you can see in An Apology to DU. My big question for Wee Willie is, have you CANCELLED your ObamaCare insurance which still claim to hate? Actually I am wondering how many people who got sucked into buying into ObamaCare have CANCELLED their policies. We won't get that answer from the Regime for another 24 business hours. In fact we won't find out how many of the COOKED 7 million (to be eventually discounted by several million) have PAID for their ObamaCare for an equal amount of time. So let us now watch Pitt "apologize" on April Fools Day in Bolshevik Red while the commentary of your humble correspondent, noting that Pitt got his "apology" in just under the April Fools wire by less than an hour, is in the [brackets]:

An Apology to DU

[APRIL FOOLS!!!]

I hope you will forgive one last me-me-me-me thread, but I owe this community an apology:

[All your threads are me-me-me but continue with your April Fools "apology..."]

To everyone who was offended by my vulgar use of language toward President Obama, I am sorry.

[Oh, so now it's "President Obama," not " you piece of shit used-car salesman."]

To everyone who felt compelled to rise to my defense after my use of that vulgar language, thank you, and I am sorry for the hassle.

[But didn't you just loooove the attention?]

And to everyone caught in the middle, who really didn’t give a crud one way or another but had their experience here disrupted and dismayed by thread after stupid thread spawned by my vulgar language, I am sorry.

[What about those of us who laughed like hell at you?]

For the record, and one last time: I went to the exchange. They delivered me to Anthem BCBS in New Hampshire. I signed up for the Super-Extra-Ultra-Gold plan (which I am now paying more than $800 a month for) because it allegedly covers everything my wife’s MS needs…

[So you are STILL paying for that overpriced ObamaCare policy that does almost nothing for you? Allow me to be the first to call you "SUCKER!!!"]

…but before we signed on the dotted line, the very first question I asked was, “Will you cover my wife’s medication?” Her medication was not on the formulary, so we needed to find out if they would accept a drug that wasn’t on the list. They said, “Yes, we will, just get her doctor to approve it in a peer-to-peer review,” which her doctor did, twice. Then they strung us along for weeks, refusing to refill the scrip, before finally turning us down altogether on coverage for that medication.

[Their answer was as valid as the Regime claim of 7.1 million "enrollees."]

They lied to us, period…and I snapped. Out loud. This was President Obama’s Big Thing, and it screwed my family, because the friends he chose to make – the insurance industry his legislation delivered us to – lied to me, took my money, and then turned us down on medication my wife needs. It’s as simple as that. It is not the president’s fault that Anthem decided to be a bastard, but to say that the president’s signature legislation had nothing to do with my experience is to deny the existence of gravity.

[GASP! They LIED to you? But, hey, you can BEEEELEEEEEEVE in the Regime claim of 7.1 million "enrollees."]

Skinner said, in one of those monster threads, that I would never apologize for my use of language because it would make me appear weak. That’s not the reason for the duration between the incident and this apology. When I posted the “Obama go f%$& yourself thread,” I was on fire. I still am, but asshole though I may be, my blood pressure has settled enough to recognize that I acted like a damned fool by using the language I did, especially in this place.

[What Skinner didn't figure is that you would "apologize" on April Fools Day. Wink! Wink! We get it Will. Nicely done.]

Note well: I am still pissed about this law that delivered us into the warm embrace of the health insurance industry. 7 million new enrollees, many of whom are about to have the same experience I had, and mark my words, the so-called “horror stories” we’ve heard about the government will very soon shift to horror stories about insurance companies granting coverage (for a fee) while denying coverage for necessary treatments and medications.

[Oh, I see. Crappy ObamaCare has nothing really to do with the government. It's all the fault of the insurance companies. BTW, have you THANKED Big Pharma yet for helping out with your immediate problem?]

Maybe that’s a good thing, in the long run. Drag their practices into the light and shame them into actually helping people instead of scalping them. Regardless, a bill that basically lets the insurance companies run wild doesn’t strike me as the yippee! event we’re supposed to take it for, but that’s just my experience. Your mileage may (hopefully) vary.

[Nice tap dance around the obvious fact that ObamaCare SUCKS.]

While we’re on the subject, I’ve come to believe that the reason my family got so bollixed up is because, when we signed up, pretty much only people with pre-existing conditions were signing up as well. That was a huge hit to the insurance industry’s bottom line, so of course they’d trim where they could. They didn’t have to lie to us to get that first check from me, though. If they had said “We will never cover this” instead of “Sure, come on in,” we would have pursued other options…so I devoutly hope the fact that 7 million people have signed on will mitigate their greed.

[Good summary of the fatal flaw of ObamaCare. Almost the only ones signing up are those with either pre-existing conditions or getting subsidies. The rest of the folks who are needed to make it work are pretty much AVOIDING ObamaCare.]

In any event, I apologize to this community for the language I used, and for the disruption it caused. I do not in any way, shape or form apologize for my feelings and opinions on the matter…but it was my wife. OK? It was my wife, in deep distress. I hope you can understand that.

[We also understand that you are posting this "apology" on APRIL FOOLS DAY. Wink! Wink!]

I have aggravated a large number of people here, to the point that I can’t post a thread stating the sky is up there without getting an avalanche of anger in response. That is deserved, so I think it best if I take a little break and let cooler heads prevail. This is not a GBCW post – I’m a DU addict, just like you – but a little space is for the best.

[How long of a break? 24 business hours?]

Once more, so we’re clear: For what I said and how I said it, and for the trouble it caused, I am sorry.

[We have no doubt about your "sincerity," even though your "apology" was posted on APRIL FOOLS DAY.]

Cheers. See you in a bit.

[And now the DUmmie reaction to Pitt's APRIL FOOLS DAY "apology..."]

No apology necessary.

[And none given. It was APRIL FOOLS DAY.]

Uh, er, this wasn't some April Fool, was it, Will?

[And DUmmie calimary WINS a Kewpie Doll for having a brief moment of mental clarity.]

Some of the tantrums in here probably help fill the coffers of Big Pharma.

[Speaking of Big Pharma... Where is Will's THANKS to Big Pharma for bailing him out?]

what's unbelievable is that he calls it an apology.

[Don't you get it? He made his "apology on APRIL FOOLS DAY.]

Yeah. A lie told by the insurance company. Had absolutely nothing to do with ACA.

[Yeah, ObamaCare is absolutely innocent here despite causing an insurance upheaval with new rules.]

When my daughter - now eight - was first old enough to get into trouble. I used to sometimes lose my temper, and yell. Then I'd say sorry. Then the next thing would happen, and I'd sometimes yell. Then I'd say sorry. And so forth. And then I realized I was training her for that - for that abusive personality, for the person who would lose it at her, then come back, Oh sorry, baby, I was mad. I was training her for that kind of guy by my own behavior. So I learned the train myself out of it. You'd be wise to do the same. It's a shitty pattern, to a three year old or a whole community.

[A DUmmie response that inspires an angry reaction from the supposedly apologetic Pitt...]

Yelling at people and hammering a keyboard are two fundamentally different things. To wit: people say all kinds of shit to their keyboards they'd never say to someone's face. You've done it - hell, you just did - and I've done it. Everyone here has done it. I've never once raised my voice to my daughter. Do I get to call you bad things because you did?Why bother? You're an anonymous pseudonym yelling at a keyboard. Spare me the life lessons, chum. I made a mistake on a message board. Thin the paint as you please, it will not and does not cover my actual existence away from this keyboard. Nice try, though. Do they give degrees in amateur psychology?

[Temper, temper.]

Temper, temper.

[I SWEAR I did not see that DUmmie's response when I wrote the same.]

We have the doc making a third attempt at the peer-to-peer they said was all we needed. We've arranged for the drug company to provide the meds on a temporary basis. Waiting to hear from Anthem on the doc's third try. It'll be two weeks tomorrow.

[And yet NO thanks to Big Pharma from Ingrate Pitt.]

It's possible that the company is in violation of the law. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried every trick in the book to get around paying for what they are supposed to.

[Which brings this threat from Pitt...]

Like I said I think the flood of pre-existing conditions applicants, combined with the lack of healthy-folk applicants, really inspired them to f*ck over as many nooks and crannies as they could find to save cash. I am hopeful this sudden massive influx of applicants will inspire the vampires to stop bearing their fangs. We shall see...and if I'm required to bring a suit, I goddam well will. One thing at a time.

[So you're going to drain your trust funds for a lawsuit that will take 24 business hours to conclude? I think NOT.]

Come back soon, William Pitt. Our American-Health-Care-Delivery-Systems-Incorporated has driven many of us to rage. We know.

[Wasn't ObamaCare supposed to FIX this?]

You owe President Obama an apology, Mr Pitt. And this hardly counts as that.

[It was an absolutely "sincere" apology made on APRIL FOOLS DAY.]

the comments ended up on a lot of right wing sites, giving those bastards "comfort," as it were.

[More importantly, it gave us "laughs," as it were.]

get your facts straight Before you make such a jerk-ass obnoxious post. This screaming all-caps sentence is incorrect: "SHE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN TAKEN CARE OF WERE IT NOT FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA AND OBAMACARE."-- Will's wife had been on this med *previously*, before switching to the new ACA plan. So the new plan, which will cost him nearly ten freakin' thousand bucks a year, will be a giant step down if they continue to refuse to cover the med that they SAID they would cover. Sure sounds like a lie to me, AKA bait-and-switch.

[TABOO!!! You must NOT blame ObamaCare in DUmmieland!]

hopefully ACA will be improved and maybe provisions will be made for long term care.

[Hopefully Tinker Bell will sprinkle Pixie Dust on your skull to make your tiny clueless brain grow.]

William Pitt called the president a mean name, and apologized. Now will all the people who called William Pitt mean names also apologize?

[They will have to wait until the next APRIL FOOLS DAY.]

Post as You wish and what You choose, it is certainly a free country, yet do not expect others to be in agreement when they find what You post offensive. Good Day To You Sir

[Goodbye, Mr. Pitts.]

6 Comments:

Anonymous troglaman said...

He's punishing us.

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with all this Pitt crap?

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Questionman said...

BAN ALL GUNS = NOBODY GETS SHOT!

SO SIMPLE ONLY TEABAGGIN INBREEDS CANT FIGURE IT OUT!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think I'd see the day when I agree with troglaman but... here we are.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous The JUDGE said...

The flaming assholes at Democratic Underground have three threads that would be better than that jackass, Pitt:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024792489

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024794216

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024797534

Have at it and chill on Pitt The Jackass for a while...I know he's the ultimate example of the idiots running the country but enough is enough for a while.

1:06 AM  
Anonymous troglaman said...

A full-on, grand mal Pittwitty is what we're witnessing here, folks.

Probably end-stage hypertroglaolia.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home