Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hello Daddy, Hello Mama (A Letter from Camp Obama)

And yet ANOTHER terrific song parody from our own Charles Henrickson. Attention radio programmers! This parody song IS available for airplay with appropriate REMUNERATION to Charles. You WON'T find better political parody song lyrics than his.



HELLO DADDY, HELLO MAMA (A Letter from Camp Obama)

Tune: "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh (A Letter from Camp)"Original

Hello Daddy
Hello Mama
Here I am at
Camp Obama
Camp's as pretty
As a painting
And they say we'll have some fun if we stop fainting

Our Barack has
Gifts of healing
Stevie Wonder's
Out four-wheeling
I met Oprah
Over dinner
Since she's been here she's got thirteen inches thinner

All the campers
Drink the Kool-Aid
That the counselors
At the school made
This is change we
Can believe in
'Cause the campers who come in here won't be leavin'

Now I just thought
I should buy ya
A small bust of
Our Messiah
You can put it
On your dashboard
It will guide and guard your car so it won't crash more

Yes we can!
Oh Daddy, Mama!
Yes we can!
I love Obama!
Don't tell me
I ought to find out facts
Of how
He plans to spend and tax

Yes we can!
I promise he will
Heal the holes
That cause the problems
In our souls
Oh please don't make me say
Just how--
He'll find a way

Got to stop now
Looks like we're through
Camp Obama
Has a curfew
Every day it's
Early rising
After "Washing of the Brains" it's "Plagiarizing"

Wait a minute
What's this gabbin'
Two new campers
In our cabin
See their nametags
Read the printin'
Seems the campers' names are Bill and Chelsea Clinton!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camp Obama?

Well. Um. Sure. Camp Obama. What the hell. Brain exercise everyone.

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Not bad at all!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Good parody.

A bit of topic but here's another one you should check out.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice :)

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You WON'T find better political parody song lyrics than his.

Sorry, but I think Paul Shanklin is still the reigning champ on that front. In fact, an excoriating Shanklin album all about the Big O would make an Obama presidency almost bearable. Almost.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SwiftBoaters(in-drag)ForObama ...... UNITE !!

2:57 PM  
Blogger foolery said...

Very funny! I did the same thing just this week from a slightly different viewpoint. It never occurred to me to check to see if anyone had also thought of this (DUHH -- of course they had), but I'm glad I didn't look first because it would have influenced my version.

-- Laurie @ Foolery
http://foolery.typepad.com/foolery/2008/09/camp-obama.html

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home