Friday, December 22, 2006

When Steve Becomes Stephanie



Imagine you are at your place of employment and one day your co-worker, Steve, arrives dressed up as a woman called Stephanie. The normal reaction would be one of shock and embarrassment. In fact, if you didn't react this way, there would be something wrong with you. Well, a DUmmie did react this way and now feels she has to apologize to the world for her NORMAL reaction in this THREAD titled, "My most profound apologies to gay, transexual, transgender DUers." So let us now watch the DUmmies wrestle over their crossdressing feelings in Bolshevik Red while the commentary of your humble correspondent, still chuckling over how Richard Dawkins fell for Mr. Garrison in South Park, is in the [brackets]:



My most profound apologies to gay, transexual, transgender DUers



[For having a NORMAL reaction when a co-worker shows up at work with a changed sex.]




First off, forgive me if I use all the wrong words here. This is all new to me.




[You are forgiven DUmmie Rosemary2205. Continue with your comedy act...]




Today my workmate Steve came in dressed as a woman. I would like to report that except for a little 5:00 shadow he is a stunningly beautiful woman. But of course, it's a shock at first. What does one say, or do. Do I just ignore and call him Steve? We are "sortof" friends and tell each other a bit of personal information but this was totally unexpected. My prior expectation was that he is openly gay.




[What a shock. Before you thought he was merely gay. Now you find out he is a different sex. Continue...]




Appearantly our boss knew about this ahead. The boss came by and referred to Steve as Stephanie. My brain was about to explode. An hour ago Steve sit's with me in the cafeteria and tells me he's part male part female. He has female genitalia and a uterus. Well I don't want to get too graphic here...... the pain and agony he shared with me were astounding.




[So was this due to a sex change operation? You aren't being very helpful here.]




But here's the deal. I've always been on the fence about whether homosexuality, or transsexual, or bisexual or any of those "unnormal" things is chosen or genetic. Quite frankly it doesn't matter to me. Consenting adults don't need MY approval that's for darn sure. IMHO even if they chose it then who the heck cares. And quite frankly I've given the anti-gay people a wave off as being unbalanced nuts.




[While Steve/Stephanie is a balanced nut.]




But the standard line in the anti-gay community is "they chose it so they can unchoose it". Well, how in sam hell does someone choose IN THE WOMB? How can you tell a person like this that "God made a mistake" -- NO ONE IS A "MISTAKE". For the first time in my life I am seeing the phenomenal pain that we are inflicting on people with all the "defense of marriage" business. It's NOT harmless. People are committing suicide even because of the message our society is giving them.




[Maybe Steve/Stephanie should be a keynote speaker at the 2008 Democrat Convention.]




No one should go through life feeling they are nothing but a carnival side show. Everyone, EVERYONE deserves to have a sense of acceptance and love, no matter what "deformity" they are born with.




[The Elephant Man/Woman.]




I want to apologize. I did already to Steve. But also to the world at large. For my failure to stand up to these bullies. These disgusting bullies in America who are tearing apart people's lives with their anti-gay agenda. I will never ever wave them off as harmless assholes again.




[It's STEPHANIE you insensitive lout! And now to hear from the rest of your fellow DUmmies...]




That's a nice post. I agree with the other poster that you don't have to apologize, though. Continuing to be a an office friend to Stephanie, and using the name and identity that she requests that you use, is a wonderful way to put your beliefs into practice.



[Except that Rosemary2205 needs to apologive for calling Stephanie Steve. That was really insensitive.]




You are right. I need to refer to "her" as Stephanie even away from "her". I hope eventually in my head it's not "she" and "her" but just plain she and her. That might take some time though.




[Thank you for that insight, "Rosemary2205."]




God is love. It is probably hard for him also when those ignorant people rant "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve"




[Or Adam and Stephanie.]




No apology needed. I would have thought he would have prepared y'all other than to just come in dressed as Stephanie all of a sudden, but what do I know.




[A phone call would have been helpful. Kind of insensitive for Steve not to call up his co-workers and let them know in advance that he will be showing up as Stephanie.]




I am a gay man, who first "came out" 15 years ago. I knew I "preferred men" long before this time, but basically remained celibate until the age of 28. I remember the first time I went to a gay bar, I parked 1/2 mile away, walked there, and had to wait 5 minutes for the streets to clear before I dashed in. Absolute paranoia. When I got in, one of the first folks I spoke to was Kenny, who everyone referred to as Julie. He was quite effeminate. My initial reaction to Julie was discomfort, I had a problem with the "It's so GORGEOUS" and other gay mannerisms. As time went on, I got to know Julie much better as a person, he was one of the warmest and most decent people I ever met. We all work at overcoming our pre-conceived notions and baser instincts.




[I thought everyone referred to Kenny as Keisha but what do I know.]




It sounds by your post like this person is intersex...




[Is that beyond metrosex?]




What is also not mentioned a lot is women get to cross dress all the time and no one says anything. Women wear jeans and cowboy boots but God forbid a man wears a dress. I remember some friend joking with me about how I throw a ball like a boy and how I can punch, (I've had a few fights but that is behind me) like a man. It made me feel good. To switch that around would be an insult to many men.




[It's a woman's world.]




I found out about this marvelous support organization for
intersexuals ... (during my work with PFLAG)...




[We'll PFLAG your intersexual comment for future reference.]


* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Christmas is coming soon I have the PERFECT Christmas gift item for my DUmmie FUnnies fans. It is a product I have been using myself and fully endorse: the amazing HELICOPTER KITE. This helicopter kite flies like a helicopter. You can make it go hundreds of feet into the air or hover it just a couple of feet off the ground. The propellor rotation is done entirely by windpower. Please check out the VIDEO of the INCREDIBLE helicopter kite. Not only was the helicopter kite aerodynamically designed but it is also MADE IN THE USA! So feel good about purchasing an AMERICAN MADE toy which makes the perfect Christmas or birthday gift. The helicopter kites have a LIFETIME warranty so all defective or broken parts will be replaced. Your purchase of the helicopter kite will not only provide you with lots of FUn but it will also help keep the DUmmie FUnnies going. So take a look at the VIDEO and be AMAZED!

p.s. Check out what one of our happy customers had to SAY about the amazing helicopter kite.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howsabout trying "The performer formerly known as Steve?" That should cover all the bases.

;o)

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my, GOD!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing I see wrong here is that Steve didnt prepare his coworkers. This sort of thing happended in my workgroup, but he/she sent us all a nice letter explaining what was going to happen and why. We then sat down with him/her and had a nice chat.

No problem. SOme in my group did not agree with "Danny" but nothing really major. Certainly none of the "conservative" types (me included). This hypocritical lib seems to have more problems than we did.

10:48 AM  
Blogger JorgXMcKie said...

Lefties always have problems connecting their behaviors with their words.

I do wonder, however, what would have happened if her white friend Steve suddenly turned up one day as a black guy, Ike? How would she handle that?

If there's a black man trapped insider your white body, what do you do? (Or vice versa?)

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often wonder if these stupid spam people really think folks go to their sites. Must live in a parrallel universe or something. Maybe "steve" or "stephanie" might go there.
I wonder where the widdle MOONBAT went. Poor widdle MOONBAT.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home